Planning continued market and business expansion, a regional bank wanted to ensure its commercial loan process was delivering the desired customer experience efficiently across all markets and was scalable to the bank’s growth.
- Superior customer service is fundamental to the bank’s profitable growth, fueled by a decentralized operating model and local market decision-making. Regional executives have flexibility in organizing lending resources to best meet local market needs.
- Efficiency is also a hallmark for the bank; centralized lending operational functions provide scale economies in a seamless manner
- Improvements should be supportive of the current operating model, as well as consider the functionality of a new digital work flow application being implemented
- Conducted working sessions with a cross-section of commercial lenders, credit analysts, loan assistants, credit administration and operations employees to document the end-to-end process and gain insights into barriers to straight through processing
- Compiled performance metrics creating a clear picture of process performance issues, consistency with high performance within the industry, and root causes
- Conducted peer bank research to provide comparative insights on commercial lending business models, approaches and performance metrics
- Recommendations and an action plan to eliminate root causes of process issues and increase capacity and efficiency
- Identified end-to-end process metrics and associated reporting to support continuous improvement
- Implementation linking process improvements and the increased functionality of the new digital work flow application