Joshua joined the Greenville, SC office as a tax partner in 2012. With more than 18 years in public accounting, Joshua was most recently a tax partner with a Global 6 firm after starting his career with Arthur Andersen. He serves primarily public and large private service, manufacturing and distribution companies that are either private-equity owned or inbound multinationals. Joshua is also very active as a distressed debt and bankruptcy service provider, assisting debtors, their creditors and other advisors with the complex tax implications of debt restructuring. Areas of focus include:
- Corporate tax compliance, primarily for consolidated, multinational companies
- Tax accounting (ASC 740) and purchase accounting
- Tax consulting including periods and methods, R&D credits, and transaction consulting
- Bankruptcy tax planning before, during and after restructuring
- Liquidating trust accounting
In addition to being a certified public accountant, Joshua is also a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor. Qualification for the CIRA designation includes five years of general experience, over 4,000 hours of specific bankruptcy experience, extensive training and completion of three comprehensive exams.