Michael leads the Firm’s Generational Wealth Planning (GWP) group. He assists with Firm education and consulting for estate planning in complex GWP strategy. He also leads a Firm-based group that consults on structural transactions in revocable and irrevocable trusts, formations, trustee issues, generation skipping and gift tax transfers.
Michael is a leading partner in Not-For-Profit tax issues and also provides the unique support needed for tax exempt organizations. He works directly with families and owners in an ongoing effort to provide guidance on specific tax regulations for business and family wealth transfers. He provides direct assistance in the formation of new entity and expansion
opportunities within this arena. He also has significant experience as an
estate tax planning consultant for foundation clients and provides in-depth taxsupport with foundation development and planning giving strategies.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- American Health Lawyers Association (AHLA)
- North Carolina Healthcare Financial Management Association (NCHFMA)
- New York Estate & Trust Conference 2012