In a recent ASBCA split decision, a GovCon was denied the opportunity to challenge annual, recurring audit findings. Each year, the contractor would file a claim and then the government would withdraw its claims and settle the issue, only to have the cost questioned again the following year. Compounding the issue, a recent DoD IG report continues to challenge ACOs that do not support audit positions.
Does it seem like it takes more time, effort and resources working to resolve audit issues? If it does, please join DHG’s host for Issues In Focus, Bill Walter and his guests Justin Chiarodo from BlankRome, Stephen Knight from Smith Pachter and DHG’s Steve Trautwein as they discuss trending issues and challenges associated with resolving open audit issues.
Some of the topics they will discuss include:
- What happened in the recent case and what can a company do?
- What is the significance of one Judge’s dissent? Is this a light at the end of the tunnel or an oncoming train?
- What is the DoD IG reporting when the ACO does not support an auditor’s position?
- How has this changed over the years?
- What is the allowability of costs incurred supporting these audits and claims?
- Would a decision on the matter stop these costs from being incurred in the future?
- What is DCMA doing today? What steps do they need to take moving forward?
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions regarding administrative policies such as registration or cancellation, please contact DHGevents@dhg.com.
Please direct any CPE related questions to DHGU@dhg.com.
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through the web site: www.nasbaregistry.org/.