The effective date of ASC Topic 842, Leases (the Standard) for non-profits is for annual reporting periods beginning after December 15, 2021. Some may be wondering about the impact on their financial statements and operations. Join DHG's non-profit practice as we discuss the unique ways organizations will be impacted by the Standard and explore considerations for adoption of the Standard.
Considerations and potential impacts on the financial reporting such as:
- How leases make their way on to the balance sheet
- Potential effects on debt-to-equity ratio and bonding
- Lease management solution - do I need a software?
- Related party leases
- Transition considerations - comparative and non-comparative methods, practical expedients
- Taking the first step - practical steps to get ready for the standard
We’ll examine the various aspects of the lease standard implementation to consider including implementation planning, assessing impact, and developing best practices.
- Mark Nicolas, Managing Partner, DHG Non Profit, Education and Government Group (Moderator)
- Liz Gantnier, Partner, DHG Audit Innovation & Methodology
- Deneen Keegan, Assurance Senior Manager
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions regarding administrative policies such as registration or cancellation, please contact DHGevents@dhg.com.
Please direct any CPE related questions to DHGU@dhg.com.
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through the web site: www.nasbaregistry.org/.