As private companies approach the deadline for implementation of ASC Topic 842, Leases, DHG is offering a six-hour CPE eligible deep dive to provide companies with the fundamentals to successfully implement the new lease standard. This lease accounting training session will address the “why” and “how to” behind lease accounting as well as examples in many of the more nuanced areas of implementation:
- Lease identification
- Lease term
- Identifying and separating lease components
- Lease payments and allocation of contract consideration
- Reassessment and remeasurement
- Transition adjustments and go forward accounting
- Disclosure requirements
Registration for our September 15th session is at capacity. Please join us for our October 26th session.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Determine whether a contract is or contains a lease and evaluate contracts for embedded leases
- Identify lease term and evaluate “reasonably certain”
- Identify components of a contract and separate lease and non-lease components
- Calculate contract consideration and lease payments
- Evaluate lease classification under ASC 840 and ASC 842
- Account for lease incentives
- Determine an appropriate discount rate
- Evaluate lease modifications and reassess and remeasure leases
- Calculate transition adjustments for ASC 842 and populate required disclosures
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions regarding administrative policies such as registration or cancellation, please contact DHGevents@dhg.com.
Please direct any CPE related questions to DHGU@dhg.com.
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through the web site: www.nasbaregistry.org/.