The HAC Program evaluates hospitals based upon the occurrence of avoidable complications, and penalizes performers in the 25th Percentile or less, 1% of their Medicare Reimbursement. In Fiscal Year 2021, CMS penalized 774 hospitals, bringing the total number of hospitals penalized at least once since program inception (2014), to 1,978. DHG Healthcare subject matter professionals will provide attendees with a deep dive into this measure and how hospitals are scored, the impact of coding and clinical documentation on HAC's, and practical strategies for performance monitoring and improvement.
- Understanding the HAC Measure and the Scoring Methodology.
- The important confluence of CDI and Coding processes on risk-adjustment and POA indicators.
- A comprehensive approach to performance improvement.
- Walter Coleman, Senior Manager, National Strategy Practice
- Michelle Wieczorek, RN RHIT CPHQ CCDS-O, Senior Manager, National Reimbursement Practice
- Angie Comfort, RHIA, CDIP, CCS, CCS-P, Senior Director of CDI and Coding Operations, LifePoint Health