Healthcare internal auditors, compliance, finance and IT team members are invited to attend the AHIA Southeastern Region Forum. This all-day education program provides a forum for healthcare professionals to share best practices, and to strengthen the profession of healthcare internal auditing.
All attendees will be entered in a drawing for free admission to the 2022 AHIA Annual Conference! Must be in virtual attendance at time of drawing to win.
Virtual Delivery Method Details and Registration Link for individual sessions will be distributed separately– Updates to follow.
Schedule, Presenters and Topics:
- 8:15 - 8:30 AM - Login
- 8:30 - 9:30 AM - Welcome and Introductions
- Not Another Audit! How to survive and prepare for an audit under the Single Audit Uniform Guidance
- Sabrina Preston | Senior Manager, Assurance Services | DHG
- 9:30 - 9:35 AM - 5-Minute Transition Break to Session #2
- 9:35 - 10:30 AM - Drug Taskforce Actions
- Daniel Sims | Special Agent in Charge | Georgia Bureau of Investigation
- 10:30 - 10:35 AM - 5-Minute Transition Break to Session #3
- 10:35 - 11:30 AM - Internal Controls
- Jonathan Newton | Senior Manager, RAS-Internal Audit | DHG
- Sam Vaughn | Manager, Risk Advisory | DHG
- 11:30 - 11:35 AM - 5-Minute Transition Break to Session #4
- 11:35 AM - 12:30 PM - Ethics
- Sandy Jansen | Chief Audit and Compliance Officer | The University of Tennessee System
- 12:30 - 1:00 PM - Lunch Break
- 1:00 - 1:55 PM - Enterprise Risk Management
- Paul Sobel | Chairman | COSO
- 1:55 - 2:00 PM - 5-Minute Transition Break to Session #5
- 2:00 - 2:55 PM - Recruiting and Retention in a Post Pandemic
- 2:55 - 3:00 PM - Closing Remarks, Drawing and Adjourn
This event is complimentary. Due to this program being offered free of charge, there will be no refunds issued. If you have any questions regarding administrative policies such as registration or cancellation, please contact email@example.com.
Please direct any CPE related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org..
Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through the web site: www.nasbaregistry.org/.