On December 12, 2017, the President signed the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (Public Law 115-91). While the law authorizes $613.8 billion base funding for the Department of Defense, the law also contains many new provisions that will affect contractors and subcontractors.
Please join DHG's Bill Walter and his guests, Edmund Amorosi and Stephen Knight of Smith Pachter McWhorter, as they discuss some of the elements that will impact how you do business with the DoD in the next few years. Some of the topics will include:
- New cost burdens imposed on contractor bid protests
- Continued emphasis on commercial item contracting
- Increasing the thresholds for Simplified Acquisitions and the Truth in Negotiations Act for the Department of Defense
- Moving 25% of DCAA incurred cost audits to the private sector
- Additional reporting of DCAA results to Congress
- Additional requirements for STTR and SBIR programs
Bill Walter, Dixon Hughes Goodman
Stephen Knight, Smith Pachter McWhorter
Edmund Amorosi, Smith Pachter McWhorter
Please note CPE is not offered for this webinar.
For questions or for more information, please contact the Government Contracting group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar is part of the Issues in Focus Webinar Series which delves into current issues facing the industry. Please check back closer to the dates listed for more information regarding the topics and registration process.
About the Dixon Hughes Goodman Government Contracting Service Group: Our Government Contracting Services Group is active in government contracting associations, keeps up to date with the effects of policies on the local and national levels and provides proactive advice to our clients. In addition, we actively monitor the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) agenda, as well as changes to the Small Business Administration (SBA).