The following message was distributed to our clients and friends of DHG on Monday, March 16, 2019 as an update to how DHG is responding to our current pandemic environment:
Dear valued clients and friends of DHG,
We would like to share an update on how DHG is responding to the rapidly changing environment caused by the continued spreading of coronavirus (COVID-19). At DHG, we feel well prepared to maintain all of our services, and we acknowledge there may be needed adjustments along the way as we, along with you, navigate through these unprecedented times. We highly value your business, and we appreciate your patience with us during these disrupted times.
Our firm is devoted to the health and safety of our people, our clients and the communities in which we serve. With safety as our primary concern, DHG is taking all necessary precautions with each decision oriented around our people and our clients.
Effective Monday, March 16th, 2020, all DHG team members will be working remotely until further notice and DHG’s physical office locations will be officially closed. In arriving at this decision and armed with our confidence in working remotely, we prioritized the health and safety of our people and clients, as well as to honor our responsibility to the communities in which we work and live during this national emergency.
As the situation is quickly changing, we do not know how long this policy will be in effect, but we are prepared to serve clients remotely for an extended period, as well as in limited situations at client locations. We have been preparing to work remotely and are swiftly shifting to complete remote operations without disruption to allow our clients to work with us as you normally would each day, with the exception of being in a virtual environment.
This virtual environment is consistent with the way we work daily with many of you, and we have in essence been testing these virtual methods for years. We do not anticipate interruptions in the service you are accustomed to receiving, and our teams are continuing to work diligently to meet deadlines and to deliver the high level of service you expect from DHG. Our team members have the tools and technology they need to deliver on our commitments to you, and we have expanded our Remote Playbook to support DHG team members in employing best practices for working in a virtual environment. As we begin to work in this virtual environment, we want to thank you for being flexible, innovative and partnering with us on new and creative ways of working that meet your needs during this time.
A few items to note:
- The methods of reaching us remain the same - our email addresses and phone numbers have not changed.
- We also expect to have at least one person in each of our offices to receive packages and mail, as well as to facilitate work between our people and our clients.
- We will limit in-person meetings. Instead of in-person meetings, we encourage the use of video-conferencing technology, and we have been extensively using this technology for several years on varying types of devices. We know many of you have used it with us for some time also.
- In certain limited, case-by-case situations, which we will strongly evaluate, we’ll serve clients at their locations while our clients are implementing their own remote response plans.
- We remain dedicated to our client relationships. If we need to adjust how an engagement is approached due to your changing requirements or ours, we’re committed to being nimble and collaborative.
- Our team will also continue to learn and follow client policies as they relate to travel, meetings, telecommuting, or other related policies.
- Proactive and open communication continues to be a hallmark of how we serve. We are regularly communicating updates to our people and to our clients, so as we evolve in this situation, we expect to update you again.
This time of uncertainty also creates much change. The recently passed H.R. 6201 has provided unique opportunities to help our clients take advantage of benefits that can help in these times. This bill which has been verbally endorsed by President Trump, stands ready for Senate debate this week. For a summary of the bill please use this link and as always call your DHG professional if you would like to learn more.
Despite the disruptions to daily life caused by COVID-19, we are committed to delivering an exceptional client experience, and our passion for helping our clients achieve their goals has not diminished in the wake of this unexpected and unusual time. Regardless of what lies ahead, one thing we can count on is each other. We care about our families, fellow team members, our clients, your families and our communities, and we will be in this together, supporting one another throughout this unprecedented situation until this unusual time has passed. Also, in the end, these experiences will make DHG, our people and our clients even more adaptable and prepared for the changing, global marketplace we serve every day.
We are grateful for the trust you have placed in us, and please contact your DHG team member with any questions or needs. We hope you and your family remain safe and healthy.
If you would like additional details related to DHG’s response, please click here.